Monday, August 25, 2008

Gypises, Tramps, and Catwoman?



No, that's all I'm saying. And here's why:

The 62-year-old singer and actress is reported to be in talks to play Catwoman opposite Christian Bale in the third Batman film from British director Christopher Nolan.

The Oscar-winner will join a cast that includes Johnny Depp as The Riddler as she plays the whip-carrying burglar. The character has also been played by Michelle Pfeiffer and Halle Berry.

A studio executive said: "Cher is Nolan's first choice to play Catwoman. He wants to her to portray her like a vamp in her twilight years.

I hope this is a rumor, or a cruel joke. Cher? No! Wait, No!

Stick to her hooker-turn-petty thief roots and let Jada Pinkett-Smith, Charisma Carpenter, Caryn Peterson, or Carrie Ann Moss be contenders for the role. But Cher? I don't think so.

Source

6 comments:

Butch said...

Well, since she's about a year older than I, all I can say is I hope she doesn't need a "walker" to get through the more demanding scenes. ;-)

" Cut ... Stand In, get ready."

Wonder Man said...

At least you look great at 61, Butch
Cher...I don't know

Joie Mayfield said...

Cher as Catwoman?! NO!!!

Wonder Man said...

I hope it's a joke

Leisha Camden said...

OMG, that cannot be true ... !! :-o

Allan S. said...

I dig all of your recommendations for the role of Catwoman. Cher should totally not go there. She's more horse than cat.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.