Monday, August 25, 2008

I think I can like him


Josh Schwartz, who created the teen-aged Dynasty (Gossip Girl) hates the ads for the show. I'm very happy he feels that way, considering the tastelessness of the content. The ads have not helped the show or excite peeps to watch, and he fears for the worst.

“Those are actual quotes,” he said at a party marking the show’s second season, in Sag Harbor. “The network came up with that, and I just stand back. I don’t want anything to do with it.” After all, he knows the show is racy, but the ads reduce it to mere provocation. “It’s like, What am I doing? It’s bad. It feels bad. It’s wrong. When you drive by a poster for your show and it says, ‘Every parent’s nightmare,’ you have mixed feelings.”

Well, Josh my feelings aren't mixed, they are the same. Hate it. But I like Chuck, though.

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.