Sunday, August 31, 2008

Oh, Rocky!

Last night, we decided to go out and see the infamous Rocky Horror Picture Show. I'm always up for adventure and what better way to spend $10.50 on a Saturday night.

Well, we hung out in the line for about 40 minutes, talked to the faithful viewers who spend every Saturday night at the Nuart Theater (Rocky's Home). Then we watched everyone dance, grind, play "virgin" games on stage, and then the movie started.

Now, I haven't seen this movie straight through since I hosted it in Murray State in 2001. And a lot has changed. Mostly with the talkbacks to the screen. There are the original talkbacks, and then there are individual talkbacks that didn't make much sense. So, I felt bad for the virgins, because they couldn't hear the movie at all. One of my friends was a virgin, so on the way back, we had to explain the plot to him.

But in all, it was a good experience and a good night. I recommend everyone to see this movie with the interactive audience. But if you haven't seen it, see the movie first with friends, then see with the crazies.

2 comments:

Joie Mayfield said...

Sounds like a good time! :)

Wonder Man said...

It was, I miss having crazy nights

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.