Saturday, August 23, 2008

Planning my life: Scriptwriter?


Today, I was thinking about the type of stories I want to write about. I would like to focus on horror and gay issues, maybe even combine the two, then go the Tyler Perry route, without the Godly message at the end.

But really, I don't know which focus is my main one. I have written several stories in several genres. I wrote a book about gay life in Kentucky, wrote horror stories and a couple of plays in the 8th grade, and a comic book about amazon warriors for about 20 years now. I need to get a focus.

The ideas I have are all over the place. If I get into the cinema school, I may write about my current ideas listed here.

Bedtime Story: A child killer comes to a small town of Langford, looking for his angel; a young man just want a weekend away from the city, he's also coming to his childhood home in Langford. But something else is coming too, and it will bleed Langford dry.

Fanboys: Follows two small town gay teenagers as they head to Comic Con or something close to it.

Before You Take Flight: A gay student learns more about life, love, and lies within 2 months before his college graduation.

In the Black of Night: As 3 friends reunite over the holidays, a killer stalks their quiet college town. But if they knew the truth behind the deaths, they would leave and never come back.

In the Black of Night 2: No one will forget the horrible deaths or the night the killer was revealed. But it isn't over, there's more, so much more. The pieces are set, the darkness screams and the real horror begins.

So those are my ideas I need to flesh out. Hopefully I will get at least 2 of these written in 2 years.

3 comments:

Darius T. Williams said...

That's a really good idea - I hope it works out. I love Tyler Perry too.

Allan S. said...

Fanboys is intriguing. It has all the elements of a good story. Road Trip, odd characters met along the way, coming of age, flights of fancy and vivid imagination. Plus, you add in the metaphor of the superhero or villian. Awesome.

Wonder Man said...

Thank y'all, I enjoy the feedback. Hell, I'm swimming it

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.