Thursday, December 25, 2008

Great Loss: Eartha Kitt


A great woman, actress, and entertainer has died today. Eartha Kitt has passed on.

A family friend says Eartha Kitt, a sultry singer, dancer and actress who rose from South Carolina cotton fields to become an international symbol of elegance and sensuality, has died. She was 81.

Andrew Freedman says Kitt died Thursday of colon cancer and was recently treated at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in New York.

Kitt, a self-proclaimed "sex kitten" famous for her catlike purr, was one of America's most versatile performers, winning two Emmys and getting a third nomination. She also was nominated for two Tony Awards and a Grammy.


I hope her family are fine...She will be missed

5 comments:

Nice to see StevieB said...

Man! Really sad news. I just listened to her Santa Baby.

Ray Avito said...

Oh no, I hate to hear that. What a talent.

Anonymous said...

Who could ever forget her role as Catwoman in the old Batman series.

wow.

Butch said...

This is an huge shock, I had no idea she was ill. I have always thought of her as an incomparable performer in many genres.
R.I.P Eartha.


(Boy does this put a damper on this holiday but I want to wish you and your partner Happy Holidays!)

Unknown said...

This shocked me...she'll be missed

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.