Sunday, December 21, 2008

My Favorite Christmas Specials

As the holidays steal all my money, I have to take this time to remember good ole days when I got gifts and I didn't have to spend a nickel.

Seriously, I realized there are no real Christmas specials anymore. I mean there's the annual TV parade and Broadway stuff, but what about the specials. BBC have Christmas specials, however I think we are too cool for them in the Americas. Yet, I remember the days I would curl up on the couch and watch my Christmas specials.

Here are a few of my faves over the years.

Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas-I loved this show just because it was about family and making the best with what you had. And it was the Muppets, how could you not love the Muppets!


Donny and Marie Christmas Special-I know, I know Mormons are not the "it" thing right now, but when I was 4 or 5, I loved Donny and Marie. They were the wonder twins even though they wasn't twins. However it was a great special and I've watched it every other year.


He-Man and She-Ra Christmas Special-Cheesy but cute...a couple of earth kids go to He-Man's homeland and bring Christmas to another world.


A Charlie Brown Christmas-the dance scene, all I can say is the dance scene


Great memories

3 comments:

David Dust said...

When I was a kid, I LIVED for the Charlie Brown Christmas Special and The Grinch.

I also loved "The Year Without A Santa Claus" - the one with the Heat Miser. That was my absolute fave.

XOXO

Son of Baldwin said...

Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol is the bomb!

Pharoah said...

LOL I can't believe you found a He-man & She-ra episode...I use to LOVE me some He-man.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.