Monday, March 30, 2009

Meeting a Great Gay Comic Artist...Belasco

So this Saturday, I took a little trip to WeHo (West Hollywood) to see one of my favorite artist, Belasco.

If you haven't heard of him, then you are missing out. He is the creator of his own gay erotic comics featuring men of color. The stories are fascinating and very sexy. I remember reading Brothers of New Essex when I moved to New York.

The art and story was alluring and completely stimulating. I was easily drawn to his work and hoped to see more. Over the years, I would run into his art in Meatman and various gay erotica, and he never disappointed me. Then, I found out that he had a blog and became a follower.

He announced that he would be at the Tom of Finland Erotic Art Fair, so I had to go and support. Once I met Belasco, I found out that he grew up in the South as well and he enjoyed the Wonder Woman animated DVD. I was also got him to sign one of his graphic novels for me. I would show y'all, but I can't find my camera. I was very pleased with Jail Trade Unleashed and I'm purchasing Boo vs Oasis today.

So folks check out his blog here, and I thank you Belasco for all the work you do to promote gay men of color erotic art.

2 comments:

Eric Arvin said...

Ah, yes! He does some crazy sexy

Bob said...

I've seen his stuff, um, his art, before, and he's really quite talented.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.