Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Alliance Defense Fund is planning fight for Prop 8


I really hate this group. They are mostly all bluff, but they try their damnedest to scare folks. Now with Prop 8 heading up to the Supreme Court, they want to join the fight...to keep it intact of course.
The Alliance Defense Fund filed court papers Thursday asking U.S. District Judge Vaughn Walker to allow it to defend the constitutionality of Proposition 8. Gay couples prohibited from marrying filed a lawsuit in San Francisco federal court May 22 and allege that California's marriage ban violates constitutional equal protection provisions.

The Alliance Defense Fund spent more than $37 million in leading the campaign to pass Proposition 8 in November and successfully defended it before the state Supreme Court. The judge will hold a hearing July 2 to consider the group's request and whether to temporarily suspend the ban while considering the lawsuit.

They are blowhards. I dealt with them before and believe me, they are nothing but talk.

Source

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are blowhards. I dealt with them before and believe me, they are nothing but talk.I'd like to know more.

You have my e-mail.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.