Monday, October 26, 2009

By the Goddess... DO NOT make Paranormal Activity 2!


I knew it, I knew it!

Greed always grinds good ideas into mush. Because Paranormal Activity is a success, they (Paramount) want to make a sequel.

Paramount Pictures is hoping so, as the studio is actively considering producing a sequel to "Paranormal Activity," the out-of-the-blue horror flick that cost $15,000 to produce and has sold $62.5 million worth of tickets so far domestically.

"We have the rights on a worldwide basis to do 'Paranormal 2' and we're looking to see if that makes some sense," Paramount Chairman Brad Grey said in an interview today.

Well, it don't. How can a sequel come from that? Do they remember the malarkey called Blair Witch: Book of Shadows... Omega Fail.

Just leave it alone, let it be a mystery, let this movie's ending be an mystery. There's no need to ruin it with a glossy sequel that sucks. Just let it be.

If I wrote it, I want it to end the way I want it to end. I would turn down the money for the sake of the story. If I didn't plan for a sequel, I won't do it.

I hope the folks behind the movie won't let this happen.


source

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Is the movie that good?

Forbidden Light said...

That movie sucked big time! I pray to God there isn't a part two. I snuck in to watch that movie and I wanted a refund on my time spent!

Christopher said...

I loved the movie, but don't ruin the horror of the film with another one.

Anonymous said...

Movie was a waste of my damn hard earned money!!!! No way I am paying for a sequel!!!!!

YvesPaul said...

Starring Megan Fox and Matthew McConaughey of course. There will be a subtle light-hearted love story plot line with... robots? Haha, I tease.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.