Friday, August 27, 2010

My Review of The Last Exorcism


So I just saw The Last Exorcism and I thought it was good; not the complete the bomb, but good.

I will give you my views in bullet point style (SPOILERS AHEAD):
  • The film gave us a great intro to Rev. Cotton (the actor is really cute) and his views on preaching and exorcism.
  • The slow burn of the movie worked really well.
  • The actress who played Nell, was great.
  • Nell's brother was creep as Hell.
  • The book of Exorcism was a great piece in the movie. I wish there was more info about it and how Cotton's family got a hold the rare book.
  • The reason why the "exorcism" was filmed could have fleshed out more.
  • The filming of Cotton's work was similar to The Blair Witch Project.
  • In fact, this film felt like The Blair Witch Project/Paranormal Activity/Rosemary's Baby.
  • The "fright moments" felt natural and not forced.
  • I'm not sure why Nell was "chosen" and what truly possessed her. And if she was carrying a demon, who impregnated her?
  • The father was very convincing. I really felt sorry for him.
  • Was she really possessed? She was pregnant with a demon, does that make her possessed too?
  • The use of Nell's disfigurements were cool, but a little cliche.
  • The ending felt rushed; there wasn't any rhyme to reason to it. Basically, it ended like The Blair Witch Project and that kind of killed it for me.
  • The actors in the movie were great, very wise choices.
  • The ending... I can't express how I wished for a better ending.
Again, I think it's a good movie. Feel free to check it out.

1 comment:

Greg said...

do you think this actress did a better job than Jennifer Carpenter or Linda blair?

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.