Sunday, October 31, 2010

REPOST: My Scary True Story


Many years ago, my friend invited me over to his house for a sleepover. He lived on the opposite side of town where most of the homes had spacious yards and many, many trees.

If I remember correctly, my friend didn't like his house and was scared to be there alone. Usually, his sister was around and always had a friend over on the weekends. That particular night, his parents were out and she spent most of her time in her room.

After a few hours of G.I. Joe videos and stuffing pizza down our throats, my friend and I went to bed. However, I couldn't sleep because his sheets were prickly and it was too warm in his room. So I went over to the window to crack it open for some air.

And that's when I noticed a man staring at the neighbor's house. I only saw the back of him, I couldn't tell if he was bald or if he just had a round head. I stood there watching him until he finally moved. He walked up to the house and start writing on the window. Then, he backed up and turned around. I hid so he couldn't see me, but it was too late, he saw me.

He was bald, and very skinny almost like a skeleton. He stood for several minutes and then, he waved.

I waved back and just like that, he walked away.

The next day I told my friend about what I saw. We went over to the neighbor's house to see what was written on the window... It was a face with a frown on it. My friend told his neighbors and they quickly called the cops.

'Til this day, no one ever found out who did it. I never told the cops or my friend about the stranger waving at me. I thought if I said a word, it wouldn't be real anymore; that moment would cease to exist. But it was more than that. I realized I liked the fear and terror I felt that night. It was a rush, an weird but refreshing rush. For that moment, I interacted with some crazy person and that was very exciting to me.

In fact, that little event help started my love affair with horror and scary things.

As far as I know...He's still out there.

6 comments:

Cubby said...

I got goose bumps!

behrmark said...

Wow...what a story. I wonder if there's more to it than you're telling us or that you know. I mean, to me, this stranger drawing a frowny face on a window is harmless. Why call the cops? Still...it's a bit creepy!

David Dust said...

OMG - that is creepy! When I was a kid I always had a fear of looking out the window and seeing a creepy guy like that - so I always kept all the curtains shut when I was alone.

If I WOULD HAVE seen what you saw, I'd be blogging from the Insane Asylum to this very day...

XOXOXO

Amerikan Rambler said...

Cool story. Thanks for sharing.

Amerikan Rambler said...

Cool story. Thanks for sharing.

Wonder Man said...

Mark- They were freaked out. There were rumors of a cult/KKK-ish group in the area. Plus the disappearance of Marlena Childress still haunted our town

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.