Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Did You Know that Jennifer Hudson was almost Precious?


This is a shocker. I just read that Jennifer Hudson was offered the role of Precious. And she turned it down!

Here's the story:

Following her win for Best Supporting Actress for the 2006 film "Dreamgirls," the American Idol winner says that she asked by director Lee Daniels to read for the title part in the film "Precious." The role, an abused and overweight daughter, was appealing, but the physical strain it present was not.

"I had done that with Effie... and as much as I was moved by this film," Hudson writes in her new book, "I Got This: How I Changed My Ways and Lost What Weighed Me Down" (via Uptown Magazine). "I wanted to try a role that had nothing whatsoever to do with my weight."
Wow, I wonder if the film would have worked with Jennifer. I think she would've done a good job. What do you think?

source

2 comments:

Bob said...

I thought Gabourey nailed the part.

It might have been good with JHud, but I also think having an unknown actor play Precious really worked best.

Anonymous said...

Just like Charisma was suppose to be Buffy.
Who knows ,maybe in an alternate universe?

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.