Tuesday, May 29, 2012

In Minnesota, a Gay Man was beaten by 9 others at a Party


Over the weekend, a gay man was beaten at a party in Duluth, Minnesota. Two men were arrested, but as least nine others were involved.

Duluth News Tribune reports:
Max Pelofske, 21, of Duluth, said he came to a party at the pit to offer his congratulations to a friend’s sister, who will graduate from Proctor High School in several days. The friend, Kelly Johnson, also 21, said she and Pelofske had been at the unsanctioned gathering of about 50 people, mostly current and former Proctor students, for about five minutes when a boy approached her and Pelofske.

“He told me to look him in the eyes, and I was really confused because I’d never seen the guy before,” Pelofske told the News Tribune. “He asked me: ‘Are you gay?’ And I said, ‘Yes. Is that OK?’ ”

After that, Pelofske said he was struck in the head by a flying beer can, and a crowd of boys surrounded him, threw him to the ground and began punching and kicking him.

“I tried to get up, but I kept getting knocked back down,” said Pelofske, who described his alleged assailants as “all laughing and smiling.”

“They were trying to throw me into the fire,” he said.

Johnson said at least nine boys were involved in the attack.
Max was bruised badly and don't want to leave his home. Later on, a rally took place for him

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never go where i am not welcomed, unless my backs against the wall.

Daddy Squeeze Me! said...

Disgusting and Savage like behavior. I hope they throw the book at them!

1stBeStrong said...

1st off, the news man sad "supposibly"!! The word is Supposedly you idiot!
2nd, the article says that "Max was bruised badly and don't want to leave his home."

A friend of his said that he was so badly beaten that he had foot prints all over his body and one more kick to any more places to his head and he could have been waiting at a funeral rather than the ER of the hospital. This Hate is disgusting to me. I can't believe that this is "Minnesota Nice" country! *sarcasm* These men that beat him nearly to his death, were born sweet, loving, innocent and saw everyone as the same. Who taught them to hate? Why do they hate what they fear or don't understand? This country and it's rules... they perpetuate the hate crimes by saying being LGBT is wrong. By denying Same Sex Marriage. It's time for the US to open their eyes and see that there are so many LGBT people living all over the world. What do they fear? LGBT people don't change anyone else. They don't do anything to anyone. Learn to love all of God's children. Love thy neighbor as thyself.
I have to control myself, why can't they? If it was up to me, they would each have a 'C' carved into their cheek to remind them all their lives that they are COWARDS!!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.