Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Lil Romeo can NOT play The Black Panther


We've heard a lot about a possible Black Panther film coming from Marvel. Of course I'm excited, but most of that great feeling died, once I read that Lil Romeo was approached for the role.

According to BlackFilm.com, Romeo Miller said this about the BP role:

I would love to. I remember that before ‘Jumping the Broom’ got released, there were some producers were talking about shopping the script to some people and I was one of the people they contacted and was asked if it was something I would be interested in. You never know. I definitely want to take in and be the next big action hero. That may be something that’s cool.
I'm sorry, Romeo, but NO, NO, NO. I'm assuming this idea was from some poo putt studio or he was approached to play another role, but not the Black Panther.

The movie would tank!

Romeo acts, but he doesn't have the acting chops to pull this off. I hope Marvel Studios are not serious considering him for T'Challa. If they are, then this movie is doomed. Get a seasoned actor please. The King of Wakanda deserves better.

2 comments:

K. Clark said...

Would Idris be right for the role? Larenz Tate maybe?

Daij said...

I agree . Lil Romeo isn't a good fit. I vote for Mehcad Brooks.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.