Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Interesting Quote: Jonathan Knight


“Perez tried to out me many times and I hate that guy for doing that. I was already gay and living a gay lifestyle but he wanted me to talk about it. Why? My brother and the rest of the guys don’t go on interviews saying ‘I’m straight' etc. so why do I need to just because I’m gay? People like him want me to talk about it to make themselves feel better. They think ‘I’m gay so I want to make sure everybody knows I’m not the only one out there.’ I hate that.”
Jon is no fan of Perez Hilton

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with him. Coming out is a personal decision for many reasons, but to make someone else feel validated about their own coming out should not be one of them.

Gene Perry said...

Agreed ... Perez always has been a pissy old gossip queen.

www.DiatribesAndOvations.com said...

There's no excuse for some of thing that Perez Hilton has done to achieve notariety ... particularly "outing".

I agree that every LGBT person should be honest about who they are and who they love (because they have nothing to be ashamed of) when the time is right, but they must be CERTAIN.

Coming out can be very difficult, but going back in is impossible.

Anonymous said...

Jonathan Knight is absolutely right. Being gay does not define your character and should not be the first thing about a person that comes to mind.

Anonymous said...

I always thought him to be the most handsome of the group.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.