Saturday, January 18, 2014

10 Reasons Why I think the Batman vs Superman Film is Delayed


Well, yesterday we learned that the Batman vs Superman film will be pushed back to 2016. It was an interesting move and possible a huge set back. However, rumors are swarming like flies in a pig barn.

In their (WB/DC) press release, they moved the film to May 6, 2016 to give more time to tell a great story. Could be true, or maybe, they woke the f*ck up and realized this could be a mess. So far, the rumor mill has loaded this film with 231 actors and story is still in pieces. I believe that their possible situations that has finally stalled this film.

Check out my reasons after the jump





  1. No story. I think they are struggling to get a strong story off the ground. Plus I think the stakeholders saw the script and said... Child please.
  2. Man of Steel fallout. While MoS was a hit, it left the fans highly disappointed. That reaction compared to Avengers, Thor, and Captain America wasn't a good look for DC. I think they are a bit scared of what could film could do with the franchise.
  3. Ben Affleck. I didn't mind it, but millions did and it got nasty, bitch. Petitions were created and the hate was high. It wasn't a good day for Ben and it's still bugging folks months later.
  4. Gal Gadot. Once she was given the role of Wonder Woman, the review were mixed. Most serious WW fans were not pleased. In fact many female geek bloggers were not feeling Gal and took to social media to voice their concerns. Me, well, I'll be honest... The first few hours of the announcement, if I could, I would've turned all of the folks who loved the idea into piles of shit. Just being honest. Anywho, this announcement didn't win a lot fans, only angered and confused folks. I think they are trying to figure out if this decision was a good one and how to win the true fans over... Hence, they need time.
  5. Bad Rumors. Thirsty blogs have stormed the net with tired rumors and lies about who's in the film and the story. I think with all of the crazy press, they need time to gain some control over the news.
  6. Marvel/Disney. 2015 is their year. With a new Star Wars film and the Avengers sequel coming out, I think they got a bit of cold feet.
  7. Injury. It was reported that Ben Affleck injured his leg recently. 
  8. Justice League. Maybe they are actually trying to assemble the JL cast.
  9. Creating a TV/Movie universe. With all of their CW shows and upcoming projects (Constantine and Gotham), maybe they are trying to make a shared universe work? It's possible.  
  10. Regain trust of the fans. With setbacks in their comics and films, I wonder if they are trying to regain the trust of the fans?


4 comments:

Bob said...

Now i'm no Hollywood inside, but wouldn't it be best to start with a finished script and then make a movie?
It seems like all you here about is the 231 actors in it and not the story.

Anonymous said...

#1 is definitely the biggest reason. Batman: Hush already has Batman v Superman as part of its storyline. It was a great comic series. Why not adapt that to a film?

I hope it's not #3. I like Ben Affleck as Daredevil and I think he has the right temperament and the chops to do Batman.

Still not on board with #4. Until that girl weighs more than 110 pounds I won't buy it.

#6 is definitely a good reason to delay the movie, but I really think #1 is the biggest reason. I bet the script they have sucks, and to take on the Avengers they better bring their A-game.

Unknown said...

#1, #2, #4 and #10. Those all seem 100% real reasons.

Anonymous said...

I feel they want top see who is the next president so the script can enclud the president.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.