Saturday, January 18, 2014

Interesting Quote: Dr Rizi Timane



​I am disappointed in my country. This law is backward, and the harm it will do to so many people could be irreparable. Mass arrests have already been reported; right now there are people in jail simply for being themselves. Some Western nations have threatened to cut aid to Nigeria if the law is not repealed, but I’m not sure what good that will do to a nation that puts out two million barrels of oil a day. Perhaps a stronger show of force would work; I’ll call on President Obama to intervene in this breach of human and civil rights. But mostly I will pray for my brothers and sisters in the LGBT community back home and remind them it is always darkest before the dawn. Change will come. Just please hold on.






source

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting on the oil. I suspect Africa in general sits on huge reserves of the stuff. It would sort of explain why the west has shit all over the whole of Africa.

Anonymous said...

The coming war.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.