Friday, February 21, 2014

Why are Guys scared of the Good Ones?


Not too long ago, a friend met a guy that was relationship material. He was smart, cute, love to read and did I say cute?

Anywho, they went on a few dates and then, he stopped. My friend said he no longer received any 'Good Morning' texts or daily calls. Later, my friend received a text that basically said they couldn't date because my friend has their life together and he can't 'Keep Up' with him.

Hmm, maybe it's just me, but I would want to date someone who was well put together. Why would I want someone who's a mess? After hearing this story, I was reminded of the guys who are intimidated by the good ones... And then I shook my head madly.

Why are guys scared of good ones? I mean, you meet a good guy and then you reject him because he is... good for you? Guys, if you're the ones who are pushing the good ones away, stop it now! Check yourself and ask why are you doing this? I could guess and say it's self-esteem. For many of us, self confidence/esteem is the war we fight for a lifetime.

But take a moment and see what's going on. A good, decent guy wants you and accepts you for who you are. Take a chance, don't run from it.

Don't deny yourself from possible happiness.

I wish I could find a good one, because when I do, I'm going for it.

I can't, I won't let a good one walk away, and you shouldn't either. Get over yourself and get that good stuff!

Remember, you deserve it... You deserve someone good in your life.

4 comments:

Bob said...

They might be pushing away the good ones, who have their lives togethr, because their own lives are such a mess and they feel inadequate.
Which is a shame, because maybe that good guy could have helped....

Anonymous said...

These guys do want the good ones but they have learned that eventually the good ones catch on and the relationship dies. Yes, the ones who need-to-get-their-act-together could benefit from a healthy relationship but the truth is they simply aren't ready.

Damien said...

Well said.

I think the real battle is previous experience harming future confidence.

By the time I met Bubb I had been emotionally abused and hurt by several men. I almost ruined it with him due to my previous experiences.

Having said that - we could all be a little braver.

Vik.... You are a wonderful man and a good catch. You wont need to do anything but be yourself. If they dont bite - theyre not worth your hook.

K. Clark said...

This is so right on, especially the part about confidence/self esteem being a life long struggle. I think "running from the good ones," could be said for friendships as well.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.