Monday, March 17, 2014

Chick-Fil-A CEO gets out of the Marriage Equality Battle


The Chick-Fil-A marriage drama was all the rage a couple of years ago. Dan Cathy, CEO and president of the chicken chain, was firm on his stance for traditional marriage. But as time moved on, so did he.

About a month ago, Dan's support for Anti-Gay groups dropped and so did some of his views:
“Every leader goes through different phases of maturity, growth and development and it helps by (recognizing) the mistakes that you make. And you learn from those mistakes. If not, you’re just a fool. I’m thankful that I lived through it and I learned a lot from it."
He also heard personal stories from his employees and others:
“Probably the elements that were stressful for me most is from our internal staff and from operators and how this may be affecting them. The bottom line is we have a responsibility here to keep the whole of the organization in mind and it has to take precedence over the personal expression and opinion on social issues.”
Interesting, I guess reality set in for him and the image he was putting out there. Maybe this was his lesson learned?

source

2 comments:

Bob said...

I still won't eat Bigot Chik'n.

R.J. said...

It's always bad for business when you pander to only a small portion of the population. Especially the restaurant business.

Thankfully I've stopped eating fast food almost entirely so it's not likely I'll go there anytime soon.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.