Monday, May 11, 2015

Interesting Quote: Mati Weiderpass

Mati is the tall one
 Since hosting a discussion with Texas Senator Ted Cruz in my home, I have been inundated with hateful, biased social media messages, and attacks from gay extremists (do I dare say the word?) who demand inclusion, but do not believe in dialogue. I know in my heart that these attacks do not represent the rich culture and diversity of the gay community. Yet, in our community, as in so many others, the most vocal often dominate the conversation. I hope this op-ed will help heal wounds and continue necessary progress and discussion. 
It is amazing that my businesses are being boycotted by some because I hosted a discussion with an elected official. Not a fundraiser. Not an endorsement. A dialogue. What would we say if the Jewish community organized a boycott of a business leader who hosted a private discussion with an important Muslim politician? We know the answer. I am a longtime leader of my community – and proud of who I am and what I have accomplished. 
Boycotting me for a discussion? Since when have we grown so small and intolerant?
So, when you are white and reeking in privilege, you get to do stupid crap like this and then play the victim.

No sir, it's not happening here.

Your irresponsibility as gay man or as you call yourself, "A longtime leader of my community", is why you're getting dragged across the carpet. You should've known better, Mati. There are no excuses for this foolishness.  And who appointed you the leader of us? Your mama? Child, just because you got money and businesses doesn't make you a leader. Standing up for us and blocking fools like Ted Cruz makes you a leader in the community. Just who do you think you are that you can change Ted Cruz? Fool, get the frak outta here! Go cry in your bathtub of money and guilt.

source

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.